***DEADLINE EXTENDED to Monday, February 22nd***
Due to the power outages that so many in our community are experiencing, AWARDS DEADLINE IS EXTENDED to Monday, February 22nd.
I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t be more excited to usher in a new year – one full of hope, possibility, and Covid vaccines! But before we completely leave 2020 behind, we want to celebrate the wins that we did have. Your DFW NACE Board of Directors knows that there are still some things worth celebrating about 2020, and we couldn’t think of a better time to come together for our first in-person meeting of the year than our annual Awards Gala. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 3rd!
This year, instead of focusing primarily on our in-person meetings for awards, we want to focus on YOU – the people in the event industry who continued to make things happen in 2020, even when faced with the greatest challenges. As such, we’ve expanded the self-nominated awards to provide more opportunities for our event community to be recognized amongst their peers. We’ve also tailored the awards to be in alignment with the challenges we’ve all faced and to better showcase the ways that many of you have persevered.
Here are some of the changes you’ll see to the self-nominated awards this year:
- Separate categories for Wedding of the Year based on budget (below $50,000 and over $50,000) so that micro weddings aren’t competing with larger weddings – Wedding of the Year Submission Guidelines
- Separate categories for Event Production of the Year based on budget (below $25,000 and over $25,000) so that Covid-impacted events aren’t competing with larger events – Event Production of the Year Submission Guidelines
- Separate categories for Catered Event of the Year based on budget (below $5,000 and over $5,000) so that small catered events can be recognized in addition to larger ones – Catered Event of the Year Submission Guidelines
- A NEW award for Virtual Event of the Year to recognize those that made the move to virtual in 2020 – Virtual Event of the Year Submission Guidelines
- A NEW Philanthropic Award to showcase individuals and companies who used 2020 to give back to the community – Philanthropic Award Submission Guidelines
- Award submissions will ask the applicant to describe how the event was adapted for guest and vendor safety if the event was impacted by Covid-19.
**Don’t miss your chance to be recognized for your 2020 efforts! Click here to review the criteria for all award submission guidelines including Event Photography of the Year.
DFW NACE Members can submit awards for free. Non-member submissions are $50 per award nomination.
Submission Form: You can submit your award online HERE
We can’t wait to showcase you!